Wednesday, October 26, 2011

ACTIVE by Old Navy

I am a member of Crowdtap, and I recently participated in a sample share featuring Old Navy's Activewear collection. I received a coupon to redeem in the store for a free Activewear top and a pair of their Compression Pants.


I went to the Augusta, Maine store. As soon as I walked through the doors, they had a mannequin display featuring the Activewear line. Once I got to the women's Activewear department, I circled the racks a few times to survey my options. I wasn't sure if I should go with one of their Go Dry tank tops with built in bra, or a sports bra, or a jacket. The colors in their activewear line offer some really bright and cheery choices, I was impressed. It wasn't the regular bland options you see all the time in activewear.

I grabbed several styles, and headed off to the changing rooms to try everything on. I was SHOCKED at how much the compression pants slimmed my thighs and rear. I grabbed the last pair I saw on the rack that offered the pink stripe at the waistband (bright, unexpected touch that I love!). I also decided to go with the Active Performance Jacket in Black. I love the material and cut of the jacket, and the pockets. But my favorite part is probably the thumb holes!

Photo of my choices:








I absolutely LOVE both of my choices. I wear the pants around the house as much as I can, and wish I had more than one pair. They are great for lounging, pajamas, workouts, cleaning, chores, etc. I don't think I would ever wear them out in public, because I am self conscious about the size of my thighs and rear. Although these pants do wonders for slimming those areas, they are too tight to wear in public for me to personally feel comfortable with. 

The jacket I wore out to a birthday event the day after I got the outfit, and out to the clubs after. I wore it with a cute tank underneath. I got many compliments on the jacket, how it made me look "tiny". Also, everyone loved the thumb holes just as much as I do! 

I am very satisfied with the activewear line, or at least these two pieces I have tried. It does make a difference in how you feel working out. When you wear a pear of frumpy, ill-fitting, old sweats while working out, you feel sort of like the sweats! (Old, frumpy, dull, etc.) But when you wear something that feels good, fits great, and looks amazing, you feel so much better! You feel pumped up, energized, ready to take your workout by storm! It gives you the extra lift you need to push even harder.

You can see the entire workout line by Old Navy here.

No comments:

Post a Comment